Thursday, August 16, 2018

First Prototype

Hello! This is a bit out of date, but I've finished printing all of the links for the tracks! Each tread is made up of 26 links; the printer I have is a bit slow, so it took a while to get all the links printed. The assembly on top is the base of the arm, which will rotate on this turret.

Before I finish the arm assembly I need to do a bit of redesign on the base. I found out that the turret motor I had initially chosen doesn't have enough torque to move the whole arm assembly. I have a high torque servo that I plan on using, however I need to widen the wheel base in order to fit the servo between the two drive motors.
 
Here is a video of a quick test I did on the turret motor.

No comments:

Post a Comment